Accounts Assistant - Cashier
Salary £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-04-15 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant/Cashier has recently become available at a leading business in central Birmingham, reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this role will see you play a pivotal role in the business.
About the Accounts Assistant – Cashier Role:
Allocating receipts in an accurate and timely manner and making BACS and CHAPS payments out. To take an active part on the bank reconciliation process and resolve reconciling items ensuring RICS compliance regulations are met and following best practice in all operations.
• To navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account
• Actively work with other teams in resolving queries
• Downloading direct receipts from internet banking, posting to the tenant records and maintaining cash sheets for all client bank accounts
• Recording cheques, posting to the tenant records and preparing paying in slips to be collected by courier
• To make payments of rent to our Clients in a timely manner in accordance with client instructions
• To assist the Treasury Compliance team with bank reconciliations, investigating outstanding items and resolving queries
• Proactive approach to risk management ensuring risks are minimised and any issues are reported and resolved promptly
• Maintaining a high level of customer service, meeting all SLA’s internally and externally
As the Cashier you will have/be:
• Treasury/Cashiering professional with experience of working in a fast-paced high volume environment with a demonstrable record of responsibility and growth and solid experience in cashiering/treasury function
• Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information
• Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of client’s monies in the UK
• Advanced Microsoft knowledge
Apply today or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in this position as immedidtae interviews can be offered.