Salary £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Consultant Paige Wright
Date posted 28 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The main responsibility of the role is to ensure that work undertaken by the agency is properly recorded and in particular, invoiced to its’ clients accurately and in a timely manner. In order to achieve this, a tight control is needed over Sales Invoicing and WIP management. This individual will also prepare job reconciliations for account team meetings and perform ad hoc financial analysis including time report analysis.
Revenue Accountant duties:
Full responsibility for your clients Billing (approx. 90 invoices per month), WIP (costs are invoiced promptly) and Intercompany. Ensure all instructions are received and Invoices are finalised according to month end timetable.
- Understand and monitor the balances of Accrued & Deferred Revenue and WIP. Proactively reduce these balances and escalate issues to the Finance Manager
- Fortnightly meetings with Account Directors and PM’s to review their project financials
- Revenue Recognition - finalise revenue for the month (ensure all documentation in place and adheres to revenue recognition policy) and lock-in forecast. Report to FM/FD on forecasts against targets
- Ensure accuracy of Accrued Revenue calculation in line with time reports / projects stage of completion
- Regular reconciliations of jobs for Account Teams
- WIP analysis including reconciliations for Auditors ensuring all projects are closed within 90 days of project completion
- Ensure all jobs have budget trackers and fee calculators in place (assist in setting up)
- Oversee that outstanding PO's are discussed with divisions and ensure resolution/hold back revenue if required
- System Maintenance – New client set up, job creation, time and expense transfers
- Support credit control queries
- Monthly servicing reports split by job and client giving explanations for top 10 over/under serviced
- Computing and sending weekly Flash & WIP reports to the company
- Hedging and understanding of FX rates and fluctuations
Location - Central London
Industry - Media
If this Revenue Accountant position is for you, please apply now!