Sales Ledger Clerk
Salary £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 19 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This national manufacturing business in Wigan are looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their accounts department.
Reporting to the FD as a Sales Ledger Clerk, your core duties will include:
- Ensure all information input into system from stations is accurate and complete
- Check all data and back-up to reduce customer queries on inaccurate invoices
- Request missing/incorrect information as necessary
- Create comprehensive, accurate invoices for customers using the in-house system
- Reconcile and investigate items within general ledger accounts
- Create an accurate monthly accrual capturing all items outstanding due to changes in rates or customer queries, in order that accountants can produce revenue profiles for the business
- Develop effective working relationships with the Customer Account Managers in order to keep up to date with all changes in the rates charged to airlines, thus avoiding unnecessary queries. In addition, resolve any queries from customers quickly and correctly
- Forge professional and effective working relationships with own team, customers, customer account managers and credit control
- Previous experience as a Sales Ledger Clerk
- IT literate with working knowledge of Excel
- Good interpersonal skills, both face to face and over the telephone enabling resolution of financial queries from stations and customers
- Accurate, consistent quality of work, and demonstration of attention to detail
- Evidence of good planning and organisational skills, ability to work on own initiative to produce workload to agreed timetable
- Self motivated team player with ability to support members of the team and others to achieve deadlines to target
This is an excellent opportunity for any Sales Ledger Clerk to join a business that can offer progression, development opportunities in the short term.
Please click to apply.