Accounts Receivable Assistant
Consultant Laura Jackson
Date posted 21 November 2016
A new opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Receivable Assistant and Credit Controller at a leading Retail company based in the West End area of London. A candidate from a retail background would be an advantage.
Duties for the Accounts Receivable and Credit Control position include:
Sales Ledger Accounting
- Process daily cash and card receipts from retail stores
- Process wholesale invoices and credit notes
- Request remittance advice and correct allocate receipts
- Process and reconcile royalty income
- Upload any data not automatically captured within the sales ledger
- Submit EC sales and intrastate reporting
- Review the aged debtors listing on a regular basis and raise issues with the Financial Controller
- Maintain and update credit limits and place holds when exceeded
- Monitor, update and enforce customer terms (i.e. consignment, mark-down contributions, extended payment arrangements, etc.)
- Establish procedures to monitor and advise customers of outstanding payments and chase customers for overdue debt
- Identify and recommend ways to improve existing procedures.
- Work with lenders to finance receivables, as needed
- Review need to insure customers with the Financial Controller and liaise with the insurance broker accordingly
- Maintain well organised and accurate records
- Raise inter-company recharge
- Perform various ad hoc duties considered reasonable based on knowledge and experience
If you are interested in this Accounts Receivable Assistant opportunity, please click to apply.