Senior Systems Administrator
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-05 2020-02-01 senior-appointments Liverpool Merseyside GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Amey https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/amey-logo.png
Amey PLC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a number of Transactional finance positions to help establish a new finance function in the Matchworks, Liverpool. Within this new restructure there are several opportunities to join the PTP function including the opportunity to join the team in a Senior Systems Administrator position that will be integral to the growth & development of the wider processes feeding into the whole PTP function.
At Amey we’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
This role is part of a newly created specialist team in Liverpool and it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a time of exciting change within the finance world. In a role that’s focused on financial systems & working as a bridge between finance & IT, this is an opportunity for any systems-minded Accounts Payable professional to join a business in a slightly different role.
- Liaising with Accounts Payable and the Business in regard to process improvements within the PTP function
- Maintain relationships with 3rd Parties (e.g. Causeway and Boxit) to ensure a high level of performance and quality.
- Liaise with Group IT in regard to projects and developments within Accounts Payable.
- Maintaining and controlling dashboards outside of SAP
- Controlling internal mailboxes for re-submission of returned invoices
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the PTP function
- Process improvement
- Analysing & Reporting results
- Identifying trends & errors for incoming invoices
- Work closely with key stakeholders e.g. Tradex (Causeway) & Boxit (Omnidox)
- Support the Process to pay function
- Testing and evaluating changes in system and processes
- Previous experience of working in a Senior role within a large Accounts Payable or Purchase Ledger function
- Demonstrable experience in IT systems and system improvements
- Experience of ERP systems (ideally SAP) is greatly desirable
- Studying towards AAT considered an advantage.
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator – both written and verbal
- Strong process mind set
- Ability to follow and understand process from start to finish
- Knowledge of EDI formats
This is a fantastic time to join Amey as they embark on an exciting project to centralise their financial processing teams int Liverpool. If you’re an experienced Accounts Payable with an interest in systems & process improvement projects, then please apply now!
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better