Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
Consultant Rachel Smyth
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-05 2020-02-01 senior-appointments Liverpool Merseyside GB L19 2PH GBP 22000 28000 28000 YEAR Amey https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/amey-logo.png
Amey PLC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a number of Transactional finance positions to help establish a new finance function in the Matchworks, Liverpool. Within this new restructure there are several opportunities to join the PTP function in a Senior Accounts Payable position that will be integral to the growth & development of the wider team.
At Amey we’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well-being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
This role is part of a newly created specialist team in Liverpool and it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a time of exciting change within the finance world. In a role that’s focused on a broad range of daily transactional processing services across a large diverse organisation, encompassing almost 70 separate corporate legal entities and a high level of financial transactional processes.
- Engaged in all aspects of invoice processing
- Investigation of all invoice queries
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and supporting the wider Accounts Payable Processing team
- Engaged in query resolution with vendors
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to ensure integrity of nominated accounts
- Communication with contracts, providing reports on held/disputed invoices
- Creating payment proposals and posting vendor payments
- Resolution of refund queries
- Creating Reports for vendor payments
- Month End reporting
- Process CIS Vendor payments
- Process CIS Tax returns
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the PTP function
- Previous experience in an end to end Accounts Payable or Purchase Ledger role is an absolute must
- Experience in leading or mentoring junior members of staff in Accounts Payable teams considered an advantage
- Experience of ERP systems (ideally SAP) is greatly desirable
- Strong Excel skills would be advantageous
- Studying towards AAT considered an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to follow set process and deliver required outputs with minimal supervision
- Good communicator – both written and verbal
- Competitive starting salaries with a clear structure for progression
- Pension and life assurance schemes, enhanced maternity / adoption
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Fantastic working environment with great facilities, subsidised breakfast and lunches and plenty of free onsite parking
- Optional flexible benefits which include childcare assistance, gym membership, health care cash plan, annual medical, cycle to work scheme and various insurances (dental, travel, critical illness, personal accident & private medical).
This is a fantastic time to join Amey as they embark on an exciting project to centralise their financial processing teams int Liverpool. If you’re an experienced Accounts Payable professional looking for a new challenge in a business that can offer, flexibility, development and longer-term growth in an dynamic new team – please apply now!
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better