Cash Allocation Clerk
Consultant John Piper
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-05 2020-02-01 senior-appointments Liverpool Merseyside GB L19 2PH GBP 18000 21000 21000 YEAR Amey https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/amey-logo.png
Amey PLC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a number of Transactional finance positions to help establish a new finance function in the Matchworks, Liverpool. Within this new restructure there are several opportunities to join the OTC function in a Cash Allocation Specialist position that will be integral to the growth & development of the wider team.
At Amey we’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well-being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
This role is part of a newly created specialist team in Liverpool and it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a time of exciting change within the finance world. In a role that offers genuine progression, focusing on the allocation for a broad rang of contracts & services.
- Post and clear down the daily receipts to the customer sales ledger accounts
- Upload bank files into the Alloc8 system
- Create journals and post them to the sales ledger
- Sort cheques into Amey Legal entities and scan them onto the Alloc8 system ready for posting and clearing
- Write cheques into paying in books and get them ready for banking
- Liaise with the Credit Control team to resolve any queries relating to unidentified receipts
- Manage the unallocated cash and keep it to a minimum
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding unidentified cash items
- Manage the Cash Allocation queries and ensure that they are dealt with in a timely manner
- Run reports that will identify missing transactions between Alloc8 and SAP
- Assist the Credit Manager with month end reports and other tasks
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the Credit & Collections function
- This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for an entry level role that will allow them to develop a longer-term career in finance
- Previous experience in a Credit Control or Cash Allocation role is an advantage, but not essential
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator – both written and verbal
- Customer focused, with a strong service ethic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Team Player
- Hands-on experience in the relevant SAP would be an advantage
- Experience in MS-Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in using Rimilia Alloc8 or similar cash allocation software desirable
- Competitive starting salaries with a clear structure for progression
- Pension and life assurance schemes, enhanced maternity / adoption
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays with the option to purchase an additional 5 days
- Fantastic working environment with great facilities, subsidised breakfast and lunches and plenty of free onsite parking
- Optional flexible benefits which include childcare assistance, gym membership, health care cash plan, annual medical, cycle to work scheme and various insurances (dental, travel, critical illness, personal accident & private medical).
This is a fantastic opportunity for any entry level finance professional, looking for a role within a diverse business with an international scope. With opportunities for progression & development this is a fantastic first step into the professional finance environment for anyone committed enough. Experience within Credit Control or Cash Allocation is desirable, but a passion for accounting and a willingness to learn is just as important!
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better