Credit Control Team Leader
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-05 2020-01-31 senior-appointments Liverpool Merseyside GB L19 2PH GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Amey https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/amey-logo.png
Amey PLC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a number of Transactional finance positions to help establish a new finance function in the Matchworks, Liverpool. Within this new restructure there are several opportunities to join their Credit Control & Accounts Receivable function in an Credit Control Team Leader position that will be integral to the growth & development of the wider team.
At Amey we’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well-being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
This role is leading a newly created specialist team in Liverpool and it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a time of exciting change within the finance world. In a role that offers genuine progression, focusing on all elements of the Credit Control processes for the business, across a diverse mix of clients & accounts.
- Manage the team of credit controllers to ensure invoices and applications for payments are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure all workflow is completed within expected SLA’s with any issues highlighted to the Credit & Collections Manager in a timely manner
- Ensure disputes are recorded and actioned accordingly
- Ensure dunning and other letters & statements are issued in a timely manner
- Manage the legal process for delinquent debt
- Provide input to the Monthly Debt and departmental KPI packs and dashboards
- Motivate and develop your team, to ensure they deliver highly effective Collections
- Conduct regular 1to1s with the team
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the Credit & Collections function
- Previous experience in a Credit Control Manager or Team Leader position
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior members of staff in a Credit Control or Accounts Receivable function
- Experience of ERP systems (ideally SAP) is greatly desirable
- Experience in using Rimilia Alloc8 or similar cash allocation software desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator – both written and verbal
This is a fantastic time to join Amey as they embark on an exciting project to centralise their OTC functions teams into Liverpool. If you’re an experienced Team Leader looking for the opportunity to establish & grow your own team then please apply now!
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better