Accounts Payable Team Leader
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 02 December 20192019-12-05 2020-01-31 senior-appointments Liverpool Merseyside GB L19 2PH GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Amey https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/amey-logo.png
Amey PLC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a number of Transactional finance positions to help establish a new finance function in the Matchworks, Liverpool. Within this new restructure there are several opportunities to join the PTP function in an Accounts Payable Team Leader position that will be integral to the growth & development of the wider team.
At Amey we’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well-being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
This role is part of a newly created specialist team in Liverpool and it’s a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a time of exciting change within the finance world. In a role that’s focused on developing a team performing a broad range of daily transactional processing services across a large diverse organisation, encompassing almost 70 separate corporate legal entities.
- Managing query resolution with vendors
- Building and fostering relationships with vendors
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to ensure integrity of nominated accounts
- Communication with contracts, providing reports on held/disputed invoices
- Create payment proposals and posting vendor payments
- Transactional support including management of Direct Debits
- Weekly spend reporting to BUs and Treasury
- Process CIS Vendor payments and CIS submissions to HMRC
- Month End reporting
- Managing all aspects of invoice processing
- Query Management regarding Purchase Orders and exception processing
- Liaising with internal stakeholders across all sites and supporting the wider Accounts Payable Processing team
- Undertake other duties as requested to support the PTP function
- Conduct regular 121s with the team
- Previous experience in a Accounts Payable or Purchase Ledger Supervisor, Manager or Team Leader role
- Experience in leading or mentoring junior members of staff in an Accounts Payable function
- Proven experience of process & systems improvement would be a huge advantage
- Experience of ERP systems (ideally SAP) is greatly desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communicator – both written and verbal
This is a fantastic time to join Amey as they embark on an exciting project to centralise their financial processing teams int Liverpool. If you’re an experienced Team Leader looking for the opportunity to establish & grow your own team then please apply now!
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better