Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary £19,000 - £21,000 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Weare
Date posted 18 September 20192019-09-18 2019-11-17 accountancy Leeds West Yorkshire GB Ls1 5aa GBP 19000 21000 21000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are currently working with a leading financial services firm to present an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their highly successful finance team. The firm, based at the heart of Leeds City Centre, take pride on their employee satisfaction levels and offer extensive support and development for all their employees.
Reporting into the Accounts Payable team leader, as a Purchase Ledger Clerk your responsibilities will be:
- Processing a high volume of purchase invoices and credit notes per month.
- Matching and coding purchase invoices onto the system.
- Prioritising supplier payments and making sure the ledger is updated for payment.
- Calculating VAT payments.
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Processing employee expenses and reconciling.
- Assisting with the payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Setting up new suppliers and maintaining existing account details.
- Maintaining petty cash and updating the cashbook.
- Maintaining relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Carrying out ad-hoc tasks such as month end reporting and assisting within other areas of finance as and when required.
If you would like to apply for this Purchase Ledger job then please email email@example.com.