Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary £23,000 - £26,000 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 15 August 20192019-08-15 2019-10-14 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 23000 26000 26000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An incredible Accounts Payable opportunity has recently arisen at a company in their fantastic Manchester City Centre office. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will have full ownership of the Accounts Payable process for the business, working across multiple ledgers and having a keen focus on invoice discrepancy handling. This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an energetic working environment, in state-of-the-art offices.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining and updating supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Managing and resolving invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensuring all statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Monitoring and clearing invoice register
- Working with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Supporting continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will have/be:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and have used ERP systems before
- A minimum of one year's experience within Accounts Payable - i.e. knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation as an Accounts Payable Clerk. Offering clear progression opportunities, an excellent benefits package and a dynamic working environment, this is a fantastic role for an individual looking to further their career in finance.
For more information on this, or any other Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger roles in Manchester City Centre, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 240 7476.