Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary £21,000 - £23,500 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 31 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-29 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 21000 23500 23500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Accounts Payable Specialist position has recently become available within a dynamic and well-performing Accounts Payable team in an established business based in Manchester City Centre. This is a great opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to take the next step in their career.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Completing payment proposals in an accurate and timely manner
- Supporting the rest of the Accounts Payable team to ensure invoices are processed accurately
- Ensuring statements are reconciled correctly and efficiently
- Managing internal and external stakeholders (especially the relationship with Cash & Bank), acting as an escalation route where required
- Dealing with queries
- Taking responsibility for the bi-weekly payment runs
- Providing information to be used at board-level meetings - KPI reporting, overdue reporting etc.
- Checking and reconciling the General Ledger
- Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will have/be:
- Prior experience working in an Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger function
- Ideally AAT qualified (or currently studying)
- Prior knowledge of a large ERP system (i.e. SAP, Oracle) would be advantageous
- IT literate, ideally with intermediate MS Excel capability
- Highly organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information on this, or any other finance roles in Manchester City Centre, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on email@example.com or 0161 240 7476.