Purchase Ledger Clerk
Salary £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 09 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-07 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 23000 23000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity for an Purchase Ledger Clerk has recently become available at leading business based in Birmingham, reporting directly into the Accounts Payable Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the team.
You will provide a professional and timely accounting services in respect to all payments of invoices through the purchase ledger. This is a growing team with scope for progression, development and continuous improvement.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk, you will be responsible for:
• Dealing with all purchase invoices received for the firm daily. Making sure these are date stamped before distributing to the relevant authorisers for coding and authorising.
• Ensuring that all invoices are received back into the accounts department without delay and checking all information provided is correct and coded to the correct codes.
• Inputting all invoices onto the accounts system on the relevant suppliers checking for any duplication and ensuring all narrative information is keyed on the system for management accounts. Producing a weekly "payments due" report for approval off the Finance Director for all payments to be made.
• Ensuring all invoices approved by the FD are retrieved for payment and balanced before requesting the payments to be made by the cashiering team.
• Inputting all payments made onto the accounting system and balances before monies are released from the bank via BACS.
• Liaising with all suppliers on a regular basis to answer any queries and ensuring regular statements are received and balanced.
As a Purchase Ledger clerk, you will have/be:
• Previous experience working within an accounts payable function.
• Computer literate, ideally with sound experience of MS Word and MS Excel functionality.
• Previous experience dealing with multi-currency invoices.
• Good knowledge of VAT basics.
• High degree of numeracy.
• Sound communication skills and ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately at all levels.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading organisation, gain valuable experience and develop skills in an exciting, challenging role. The organisation has an excellent reputation amongst clients and staff and is recognised as one of the leaders in their field. With excellent benefits and a competitive salary, this role is ideal for a motivated, enthusiastic candidate. The company is also committed to developing and training their people to the highest standards.
To apply or for more information, please contact:
Robert McShane at Robert Walters, on email@example.com or call 0121 281 5000