Consultant Kay Edle
Date posted 21 June 20192019-06-21 2019-08-20 accountancy Thurrock Essex GB GBP 18000 18000 18000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Payables Clerk to join a market leader company based in Thurrock, Essex. The salary for the Payables Clerk role is £18,000.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Payables Clerk to join a market leader company based in Thurrock, Essex. The successful candidate will be responsible for the processing from purchase to payment of supplier invoices. Managing enquiries, reconciliations, processing invoices quickly and accurately in line with the FC purchasing directive and communicating to the Finance Management team. The salary for the Payables Clerk role is £18,000.
The role will include:
- Manage incoming invoices and queries via Microsoft Outlook
- Check all invoices are valid tax invoices before proceeding to scan and post.
- Responsible for following through on all invoices with query status.
- Responsible for their own supplier accounts (Rent, Rates, Overheads, Freight, Duty & Foreign Suppliers)
- Liaise with internal employees to ensure invoice queries are resolved and final approved in order to be processed and paid within the agreed terms.
- Vendor master data maintenance.
- Investigate legal issues re non-payment and report to team leader/legal team.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Payable Supervisor or Head of Department.
- Assist and provide holiday/sick cover as required.
- Create weekly payment proposal for own suppliers and send to Payable Supervisor for review and approval.
- Attend weekly meetings with Payable Supervisor to discuss status of supplier accounts and actions required to resolve any issues.
- Make adjustments to the payment selection proposed where directed.
- Liaise with suppliers when chased for payments and advise suitable clearance dates while keeping within spend budget.
- Provide support with aged creditor analysis where directed.
- Obtain a monthly statement in Excel format from major suppliers.
- Reconcile the SAP ledger back to the major supplier statement.
- Review the reconciliations with Payable Supervisor where directed.
- Production of monthly spend forecast.
- Reconciliation of cash payments, direct debits and Standing Orders.
- Attend monthly meeting with AP Supervisor to review reconciliations and Aged Creditors Reports.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience of:
- Previous Accounting experience preferably within Accounts Payables
- Knowledge of reconciliations
- Experience with multi-currency invoicing
- Proficient in computer applications such as MS Office, Excel, Pivot and V-Look up
- Previous SAP experience is an advantage
- Excellent team player
The company offer salary of £18,000, plus other company specific benefits and free parking onsite. There will also be study support if desired after probation. Hours are 8.30am-5pm and it will be based in Thurrock, Essex.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity contact Kay Edle at Robert Walters Finance on 01727 617010 or email your up to date CV to email@example.com