Purchase Ledger Clerk - Dutch, French or German Speaking
Salary £20,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Kerry Ferguson
Date posted 28 May 20192019-05-28 2019-07-27 accountancy Bradford West Yorkshire GB BD4 6HN GBP 20000 23000 23000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Purchase Ledger Clerk - Dutch, French or German speaking, working in a international shared service centre, Bradford
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Clerk- Dutch, French or German speaking to join a leading employer based in Bradford.
Reporting to the Team Leader in the Purchase Ledger Shared Services, the role is responsible for delivering pre-defined KPI’s & SLA’s for the effective servicing of all Purchase Ledger activities within the Purchase Ledger Team, and ensuring performance, control and compliance of the Purchase Ledger process. This role is responsible for delivering, as part of a team, a streamlined Purchase Ledger process through continuous improvement and automation; the key accountabilities also include building a strong working relationship with stakeholders to ensure the full Purchase Ledger service is provided in support of strategy for all subsidiaries, in order to fulfil supplier agreements.
The key responsibilities associated with role are:
- Effectively service key stakeholders in the achievement of quality, accuracy and timely delivery of Purchase Ledger services in accordance to the defined SLAs / KPIs.
- Contribute in ensuring the processes are efficient, compliant and have full knowledge of the process controls.
- Follow all Purchase Ledger policies and ensure they are up to date and adhered to by all users.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external regulations and procedures including the efficient management of all supplier payments.
- Ensure compliance to Group accounting standards.
- Identify and work as part of a team to facilitate and implement continual process improvement ideas to improve process efficiencies.
- Liaise with auditors and regulatory authorities as required for the countries served in Shared Service Centre.
- Maintain and review process workflows and ensure documentation is up to date and in line with current processes.
- Build relevant internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Display a service culture and customer service orientation both at an individual and team level.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies, actively work with the team and team leader to perform route cause analysis and implement improvements including automation where possible. This includes working with international finance teams and relevant stakeholders as well as the company’s relevant business.
- Service Champion - contributing customer service recommendations to strategic plans and reviews throughout the business and across the international landscape.
- Relationship building & business partnering – with all customers.
Based in Bradford, this purchase ledger job is for an individual with both in-depth experience obtained in an Accounts Payable role, and in-depth experience in the full Purchase Ledger process (preferably as part of a Shared Service Centre environment). The successful candidate will be educated to the relevant degree level or equivalent qualification, or alternatively by experience, and, naturally, language skills are essential to the role – whilst Dutch is preferred, the company will also accept applications from German or French speakers.
For further information on this Dutch speaking Purchase Ledger Clerk role in Bradford, please contact Kerry Ferguson at Robert Walters (Leeds Office) on 07557 486 192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.