Accounts Payable Manager
Salary £28,000 - £33,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-10 2019-07-09 accountancy UK Robert Walters
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Manager has recently become available at leading organisation based in central Birmingham, reporting directly in the Head of Shared Services you will play a pivotal role in the business. This role will offer you the chance to showcase your skills while developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About the Accounts Payable Manager Position:
You will be responsible for ensuring that suppliers are paid in a timely and effective manner and that queries are dealt with promptly. You will be responsible for ensuring targets are met and assist the Head of SSC with projects as and when required.
• Manage the AP team making sure that the staff are working productively and maintaining high standards
• Helping with queries from the Operational Finance teams, Procurement team and the suppliers
• Work with the wider business on projects such as acquisitions and to ensure that they can be integrated quickly and efficiently
• Full maintenance of supplier accounts, to include notifying the relevant people of vendor set up and changes to the vendor master record details.
• Request statements from suppliers as necessary and ensure supplier accounts are reconciled on a regular basis by the team in preparation for the payment runs.
• Ensure effective communication across the team.
• Ensure no duplicate postings/payments are made.
• Pay suppliers in line with their payment terms on the fortnightly bacs runs
• Work with Procurement on any difficult supplier accounts to resolve any issues on a timely basis
• Continually review and improve processes and procedures
• Review and approve one-time vendor invoices
• Be responsible for the pro forma payments made in the office, i.e. obtaining Vat invoices and clearing vendors
• Manage team performance and where necessary take appropriate action in conjunction with HR.
• Ensure you are responsible for your own Personal Development Plan and those of your team.
• Make sure all stakeholders are responded to promptly and effectively and any issues are deal with in a timely manner
Essential Experience of the Accounts Payable Manager:
• Interpersonal Skills & Communication being customer focused
• Occupational Knowledge & Business Awareness
• Achievement Drive & Accountability
• Previous management experience
• Previous experience of payment processing environment within a busy office environment
• Excellent phone manner
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Excellent attention to detail organised and can work to strict deadlines
• Commercial understanding and awareness
• Experience of dealing with suppliers
• Able to prioritise workloads
• Experience of SAP
To express your interest in this Accounts Payable Manager position please apply direct or email your CV to email@example.com