Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 16 April 20192019-04-16 2019-06-15 accountancy Coleshill Warwickshire GB GBP 20000 25000 25000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters Accounts Assistant Coleshill £20,000-25,000p/a Permanent Robert Walters are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant that will be responsible for customer billing, cash posting and credit control in addition to other departmental duties with scope to acquire other management accounting tasks as required. You will join a small within fast paced department where no two days are the same. A great working environment, onsite parking and an attractive salary is on offer.
• Raise contract invoices as per email requests and raise queries where necessary .
• Raise regular support or maintenance invoices
• Maintain billing spreadsheet & supporting data
• Log & forward any PO’s received in Accounts mailbox
• Allocate and post customer receipts from the bank
• Raise regular accounts receivable reports to show customer ageing and assist in chasing customers for late payments
• Send regular customer statements
• Update cashflow spreadsheets & send email listing daily transactions & balances
• Post receipts plus ad hoc payments e.g. bank charges; PAYE/NI; Salaries
• Chase up VAT invoices/receipts for debit card transactions and post them
• Perform bank reconciliations, review monthly bank charges, administrator of online banking portal and other bank related issues.
• Monitor & control petty cash and reconcile monthly
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations
• Assist and provide cover for the Finance Assistant (purchase ledger) in busy/holiday periods
• Process purchase ledger invoices including expenses, process payments, reconcile supplier statements, maintaining the purchase ledger system with month end closure and report generation
• Assist with the management accounts process with prepayment and other journals.
• Support departments with reports as and when required
• Undertake additional duties, as and when the needs of the business require it, at the direction of the Financial Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• AAT Qualification is desirable
• Good general accounting skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
• A general understanding of VAT
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of people with confidence
• and personal authority.
• Strong organisational skills, a good eye for detail and a proven track record.
• An enthusiasm for and understanding of, working in a small team but also able to work on his/her own initiative and to prioritise tasks.
• Strong SAP and excel skills desirable