Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-12 admin-and-secretarial Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters 12 Month FTC Accounts Payable Assistant £20,000-22,000 P/A Birmingham Central We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable assistant for a prestigious company based in Central Birmingham
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Processing client disbursement and general ledger related supplier invoices to the practice management system (Aderant Expert).
• Checking G/L codes to spreadsheet and all disbursement codes for matter related invoices.
• Validating and processing disbursement and general ledger related payments.
• Setting up multi-currency suppliers.
• Registering the purchase ledger post.
• Entering Supplier bank details on Expert for BACs payments.
• Reconciling supplier statements to the AP ledger and obtaining copy invoices where required.
• Scanning supplier invoices for e-filing.
• Dealing with and resolving internal and external enquires regarding purchase ledger transactions.
• Matching PO to invoices.
• Monitoring the P/L mail box.
• Providing assistance to other areas of the Finance department as directed.
Key skills and experience
• Previous Experience of a Law Firm or Professional Services Purchase Ledger Team (desirable).
• Previous Experience of Aderant Expert PMS or Elite PMS (desirable).
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail with the ability to express oneself in a clear and constructive way.
• Able to build and maintain working relationships and a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
• Competent with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook).
• Working Knowledge of UK VAT Regulations.