Salary £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 08 March 2019 2019-03-082019-04-07 accountancy Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 20000 22000 22000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Robert Walters 6 Month FTC Cashier Birmingham £20,000-£22,000 P/A At Robert Walters we are currently recruiting for a Cashier to join the treasury function for a market leading and forward-thinking business. Working alongside the Treasury Compliance team and Client Accountants allocating receipts in an accurate and timely manner and making BACS and CHAPS payments out. To assist and resolve reconciling items ensuring RICS compliance regulations are met and following best practise in all operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to the correct client bank account
• Actively work with other teams in PMA in resolving queries.
• Downloading direct receipts from internet banking, posting to the tenant records and maintaining cash sheets for all client bank accounts
• Recording cheques, posting to the tenant records and preparing paying in slips to be collected by courier
• To make payments of rent to our Clients in a timely manner in accordance with client instructions
• To assist the Treasury Compliance team with bank reconciliations, investigating outstanding items and resolving queries
• Proactive approach to risk management ensuring risks are minimised and any issues are reported and resolved promptly.
• Maintaining a high level of customer service, meeting all SLA’s internally and externally.
No job description can fully cover every issue which may arise within the post and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time that are broadly consistent with those in this job description.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
• Treasury/Cashiering professional with experience of working in a fast-paced high-volume environment with a demonstrable record of responsibility and growth and solid experience in cashiering/treasury function
• Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information
• Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of client’s monies in the UK
• Advanced Microsoft knowledge