Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary £19,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 04 January 2019 2019-01-042019-03-05 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 19000 23000 23000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An established, industry-leading company based in Manchester City Centre are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to fill a newly-created position within their growing finance team. As Accounts Payable Clerk you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes, whilst researching and resolving exceptions and supplier queries in accordance with performance and quality standards.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining and updating supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Managing and resolving invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensuring all statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Monitoring and clearing invoice register
- Working with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Supporting continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will have/be:
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Previous experience with a large ERP system – either SAP, Oracle or any version of Sage
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation as an Accounts Payable Clerk. Offering clear progression opportunities, an excellent benefits package and a dynamic working environment, this is a fantastic role for an individual looking to further their career in finance.
For more information on this, or any other finance roles in Manchester, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 161 240 7476.