Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-18accountancy UK Robert Walters
A leading retail business have created a new role for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their finance team based in Manchester City Centre. The role will be part of a high performing Accounts Payable function, which provides strong guidance and a service driven environment constantly looking for continuous process improvement.
- Prioritise daily work load to meet Department and Corporate goals
- Understand overall business goals and how accounting processes support these goals
- Maintenance of vendor master data, including payment terms
- Process and post invoices
- Match goods received through PO system with receiving documents and invoice totals; perform the matching process through invoice verification
- Investigate and resolve price or quantity differences between purchase orders and related invoices
- Review and assign general ledger and cost centre accounts to invoices
- Process recurring documents
- Prepare and process payments, direct debit postings, process electronic bank statements
- Clear payable and other suspense accounts
- Prepare and process bank reconciliations
- Queries management
- Microsoft Office knowledge (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisation, problem solving & attention
- Ability to work with other cultures
- Team player, highly motivated, flexible
- Accounting qualification or equivalent work experience
This is a great opportunity to join this leading business during an exciting period of growth. You will work in a fantastic environment and will be given the chance to progress your career quickly with this dynamic business.
Apply below or to find out more about the Accounts Payable Specialist job please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters Plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.