Accounts Assistant - Cashier
Salary £18,000 - £23,000 per annum
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 02 November 2018 2018-11-022019-01-01 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant has recently become available at a leading business in central Birmingham, reporting directly into the Financial Controller, this role will see you play a pivotal role in the business.
About the Accounts Assistant – Cashier Role:
Allocating receipts in an accurate and timely manner and making BACS and CHAPS payments out. To take an active part on the bank reconciliation process and resolve reconciling items ensuring RICS compliance regulations are met and following best practice in all operations.
• Opening bank accounts on the system, arranging mandates and online banking
• Managing overdrafts (expiry/ facility limits) for all client bank accounts
• Facilitating the timely closure of bank accounts with the regional offices
• To navigate and utilise the banking software and understand the internal transfer controls to direct funds to/ from the correct client bank account
• Verify cheque payments raised by the accounts payable team and distribute for signature
• Recording cheques, posting to the job records and preparing paying in slips to be paid into the bank
• Reconcile client bank accounts in accordance with the weekly timetable, investigating outstanding items and resolving queries
• Timely review and identification of funds in the general receiver’s bank account
• Entering cost and revenue projections on CCH, producing EOS reports. Highlighting, explaining and taking corrective action on areas of the report that are subject to error or omission.
• Complete and submit S38 forms to Companies House. Maintain and roll forward the S38 monthly report, highlighting, explaining and resolving queries that arise from returned S38 forms.
• Maintain the delivery of the core processes of the Accounts Payable Function
• Maintain tenancy schedule and rent demand records. Raise tenant demands, update cash receipts and tenant arrears reports.
• Actively work with other members of the finance team in resolving queries
As the Accounts Assistant you will have/be:
• Experienced cashier with experience of working in a fast-paced high volume environment within a cashiering/treasury function
• Experience of different banking software, utilising functions to extract information
• Knowledge of principles, practices and regulations relating to the handling of client’s monies in the UK
• Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
• Intermediate Excel and Word skills
The business will actively encourage and support you to drive your personal development, continually improve, be innovative and achieve your goals. If you’re looking to progress your career, this will be the ideal business for you.
Apply today or send your CV to email@example.com to express your interest in this position as immedidtae interviews can be offered.