Invoice Processing Clerk
Salary £16,000 - £19,000 per annum
Consultant Keifer Power
Date posted 10 October 2018 2018-10-102018-12-09 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A UK based construction organisation based in Manchester City Centre is currently recruiting for a number of invoice processors to complete an excviting new project. Reporting directly to the to the Accounts Payable Manager you will be an integral part of the accounts payable team ensuring that high volumes of invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Process supplier invoices, credit notes, various sub-contractor documentation and supplier statements in line with the company policies and procedures with minimal supervision
- Open and sort the post coming into the P2P department
- Return invoices without sufficient information (e.g. PO number) back to the supplier
- Ensure all invoices are scanned onto Oracle, ensuring all pages received have been captured
- Manually key invoices into the system where required
- Manually correct the input fields in the system if there are errors in the scanning
- Resolve issues relating to invoices within Oracle (placing on hold/ releasing from hold), escalating internally when required
- Audit invoices inputted into Oracle via OCR (optical character recognition) technology
- Resolve basic issues with scanners (remove paper blockages, etc.)
- Propose changes to the logic applied to the OCR for suppliers to improve character recognition
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participate in training and development procedures
- Analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Other reasonable duties as and when required
The following skills are required to be considered for the Invoice Processing Clerk role:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Committed team player
- Trustworthy, diligent and self-motivated
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- High level of inputting accuracy.
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- To be considered for this role, you must have previous invoice processing experience in a high volume environment.
In return the client offers a competitive hourly rate, flexible working hours and possible contract extension.
If you would like to apply for this invoice processing role or find out more, click the link below.