Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary £23,000 - £26,000 per annum + tbc
Consultant Eden Reeves
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, an established, yet growing, industry leading Retail business is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with a retail industry background to join their rapidly growing team based in Maidenhead.
My client is an established, yet growing, industry leading Retail business with a recognisable brand presence across the UK.
This role has a direct reporting line into the Accounts Payable Manager and provides an opportunity to be part of a great, close team and the wider finance function.
About the Accounts Payable Clerk role:
Working as the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of the company’s payables whilst working with the wider finance function to continually improve best practice.
- Ensuring supplier invoices are accurately posted in accordance with company policies.
- Ensuring accurate paying, posting and auditing of employee expenses in accordance with the company expense policy.
- Ensuring payment approval is obtained, and all invoices are paid within agreed credit terms.
- Ensuring the purchase order process is adhered too and maintained monthly.
- Preparing Accounts Payable monthly reports.
- Preparation of Bi-monthly VAT returns.
- Assist in preparing month end accruals and prepayments.
- Completing supplier and bank reconciliations.
- Dealing with all supplier invoice queries.
- Dealing with all employee expense queries.
- Providing assistance to the Accounts Payable Manager as required.
For the role of Accounts Payable Clerk, my client is looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate the following;
- Outgoing and eager to learn new skills.
- Familiarity with accounting systems, SAP preferable.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- A person who lives the values of the organisation and contributes to the development of our positive ‘can-do’ culture.
Based at their UK head office, this market leading business offer a great working environment, strong career progression and the opportunity to work for a brand which is experiencing significant growth and development.
If you are driven, determined and interested in this exciting Accounts Payable Clerk position, please apply today or email email@example.com for a confidential conversation.