Accounts Payable Manager
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum + tbc
Consultant Eden Reeves
Date posted 05 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a well established Software business with a recognisable brand presence across the world are looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to join their rapidly growing team.
My client is well established, Software business with a recognisable brand presence across the world.
This role has a direct reporting line into the Head of Finance and provides an opportunity to be part of and manage a great, close team and to be involved in the wider finance function.
About the Accounts Payable Manager role:
Working as the Accounts Payable Manager you will be responsible for providing day to day team leadership to the Accounts Payable team, covering both invoice processing, invoice queries and exception handling and expense and credit card management.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are entered on the system within the agreed SLA’s correctly and any non-compliance addressed as per policy
- Ensure queries are answered to agreed SLA’s in a clear, courteous and helpful way. Where common themes and trends can be identified work with the Director of Finance Transformation and the stakeholder to drive change to reduce the level of queries
- Ensure the open items on the credit card reconciliation are actioned and followed up monthly
- Credit card applications are actioned and processed within the agreed SLA
- Be accountable for the results / targets of the team
- Ensure Accounts Payable best practice processes, service measures, targets, goals and strategies are being adhered to
- Deliver excellent customer service in the Accounts Payable processes across EMEA
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, SSC standards and SLA’s
- Recognise and communicate potential issues/risks within the team
- Set the team performance and behavioral related goals and objectives which are aligned to the organizational objectives
- Be responsible for the day to day performance management of the SSC Accounts Payable teams
- Resolve performance capability and/or development needs that may arise within the SSC Accounts Payable team
- Select and hire new employees / roles within the SSC Accounts Payable teams
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the future resource requirements
- Work closely and collaboratively with the SSC Treasury Manager to ensure the Accounts Payable and Payments processes work seamlessly to the stakeholders
- Manage your own and your team's compliance with health and safety rules, instructions, systems and legal requirements, ensuring employees are suitably trained and adequate resources are available to work safely.
For the role of Accounts Payable Manager, my client is looking for the successful candidate to demonstrate the following;
- Extensive experience in an Accountants Payable managerial role
- Solid understanding of Accounts Payable activities and the wider PTP processes
- Previous experience of leading and developing a team
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely at all level’s
- Organised and highly motivated professional with strong evidence of using initiative
- Ability to influence change in others through role modeling
- Good analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, excel, word etc
- Fostering Team spirit / environment
- Flexible to work outside the normal scope or responsibility
- Able to confidently create / deliver presentations as required
- Able to manage a multicultural team with different priorities and deadlines
Based at their UK shared service centre, this market leading business offer a great working environment, strong career progression and the opportunity to work for a brand which is experiencing significant growth and development.
If you are driven, determined and interested in this exciting Accounts Payable Manager position, please apply today or email eden,.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.