Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary Study Support + Additional Benefits
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 03 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting Accounts Payable Clerk position at a leading national company based in Manchester City Centre has recently become available. The company are looking to recruit an experienced and motivated purchase ledger clerk to join their accounts payable / purchase ledger team within the wider finance function.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating, maintaining and updating supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Managing and resolving invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensuring all statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Monitoring and clearing invoice register
- Working with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Supporting continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you should have/be:
- Ideally have a minimum of two years working within a purchase ledger / accounts payable environment previously
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and ideally have experience using SAP or Oracle
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This Manchester City Centre based company offer an excellent benefits package, most notably including study support for ACCA/CIMA/ACA/AAT qualifications. With a competitive salary on offer and succession plans implemented throughout the company, this purchase ledger role is a fantastic opportunity for you to add value to an industry leading organisation and develop your career within finance.
To apply for this role please click below. Alternatively, for more details regarding this role or any other transactional / part-qualified finance positions in Manchester please contact Lucy Govan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 240 7476.