Internal Auditor (Senior and Manager)
Salary £55,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant Mike Cellier
Date posted 02 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A large and performing asset management firm based in London is currently looking for 2 internal auditors (senior and manager) to join their internal audit team.
A fantastic role has become available at a global asset management firm based in central London. The firm is currently looking for 2 internal auditors (senior and manager) to join their internal audit team. The post reports to the regional Head of Audit, will be responsible for performing a combination of risk assessments, process and control reviews either individually or together with other team members across Front, Middle and Back Office Operations as well as the Support Group functions.
- Plan and execute and straightforward and less complex sections of the annual audit plan
- Complete risk assessments in conformance with department standards, generally in moderately complex areas.
- Contribute to background research and planning of audits and reviews
- Input into Draft Audit Planning Memorandum, Risk Evaluation and work execution programme
- Complete Detailed Work Programmes and testing in with departmental methodology.
- Ensure that audit recommendations are in accordance with “best practice” but also consider whether they are practical and commercially viable. Where there is doubt discuss the detail with peers and Internal Audit management.
- Summarise Issues for presentation and review prior to the closing meeting with management
- Support work on logical audit files for Peer / Manager review and presentation to external auditors
- Input into the drafting and finalisation of a quality audit report
- Build & maintain strong working relationships within Asset Management locally
- Assist in the administration of SOX Testing and walkthrough in line with process methodology
- Assist in the production of departmental reporting and management information.
- Review/investigate management advised closure of actions to ensure adequate implementation to address the original risk identified
Due to the high-profile nature of the role, an individual with previous practical Risk Management / Audit Management experience (ideally within the investment management industry) is sought. Involvement in project-based work would also be beneficial. The following core skills / competencies are required:
- Strong communication skills, ability to analyse situations and present a balanced summary of issues, risks and actions.
- Possess a structured approach to problem solving and a clear and concise approach to report writing.
- Self-motivated and organised and able to execute projects independently when working as part of a team
- Good experience (1 to 3 years plus) of Financial Services / Asset Management with an understanding of Financial products (funds and fund structures) & services
- Operations, Compliance and Finance knowledge
- The ability to provide an effective, leading edge and value-added assurance and advisory service through demonstrating a well-developed commercial and regulatory awareness.
- The ability to manage relationships in key areas of the organisation and participate in reporting to senior management on key risks faced by the business.
- Proactive approach to understanding and keeping abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- Accountancy or Internal Audit (CIA, ACA, ACCA) or similar qualification.
- Experience either with a professional firm of accountants (ideally financial services) or with the Internal Audit of another Financial Institution
- A logical approach, analytical ability, considerable initiative and knowledge of Asset Management processes. In addition, knowledge of the underlying products traded and their control reporting requirements is required.
- Commitment to continual professional development.
Please apply or reach out to Michael Cellier on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.