Salary £27,000 - £34,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Billing Supervisor to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Billing Supervisor will support the OTC (Order to Cash) Manager and supervise the Billing team within Finance Shared Services, ensuring all income streams are invoiced accurately and in line with the Billing Calendar and Service Level Agreements, whilst providing an excellent level of customer service to both our internal and external customers.
Billing Supervisor key responsibilities:
- Ensure the billing team accurately produce and deliver invoices to customers on a daily basis to ensure timely receipt of invoices allowing customers to pay within terms
- Ensure integrity is maintained around the data being processed reconciling source data to final billing
- Ensure all relevant KPIs are maintained, monitored taking the appropriate action as required
- Liaise with internal/external customers to ensure correct information is received to allow accurate customer set-up to avoid delays in invoices being raised
- Manage and support the process of price amendments including price reviews ensuring that any amendments are made accurately and within given timescales
- Ensure billing systems are operating effectively and efficiently
- Ensure policies and procedures relevant to department are implemented and maintained to agreed timescales and standards
- Provide support to the credit control team at monthly meetings, highlighting issues and clarifying any changes to customers with the appropriate colleague from the various revenue streams
- Record all queries and respond accurately and efficiently in line with agreed SLA and ensure delivery of authorised credit notes to customers to ensure timely receipt of credits allowing customers to pay within terms
- Complete all Performance Reviews for direct reports (annual and half year) as required complying with MAG timetable
- Conduct regular 1-2-1’s with direct reports
Billing Supervisor key requirements:
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent
- 2 years+ supervisory experience in a similar role
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- Desirable – Knowledge of SAP ERP system and Chroma Catalyst/Fusion
- Essential: 2 years of experience of working in a Billing team, preferably in a supervisory role
- Good understanding of billing and its functions
- A customer focused approach, dealing efficiently and effectively with all internal and external contacts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and plan own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage priorities
- Deliver a consistently high level of accuracy
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.