Accounts Payable Specialist
Salary £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will support the AP Manager to ensure first class service is provided for the MAG Group and that invoices are processed and paid within its agreed terms of trading. You will also support the AP Manager in ensuring that all team members are cross trained and procedures are updated so best in class service can be provided at all times.
AP Specialist key responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and update AP process procedures for sign off by AP Manager and train other members of the team.
- Process and ensure accurate and timely payments of invoices and expenses.
- Ensure credit cards and purchasing cards are maintained and controlled in line with policy.
- Preparation and resolution of Supplier statement reconciliations to enable up to date information is available to Finance teams.
- Provide accurate and timely information, analysis, reporting and support to the business when required.
- Key contact for the business with queries surrounding invoice, purchase order and subsequent budget allocations.
- Undertake project work and system testing as required by the business.
- Accounts payable subject matter expert and SAP champion for the team
- Support AP manager in allocation of weekly tasks for the team to perform ensuring that rotas are kept up to date and provide full cross training required.
- Keeping aged debt and queries with Suppliers to a minimum.
- Challenge non-compliant processes within the business to enable cash flow forecasts are sustained.
Adhering to strict deadlines regarding month end and payment runs.
AP Specialist key requirements:
- GCSE level Mathematics and English or equivalent
- 3 years+ experience in an Accounts Payable role
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experienced in ERP systems and Accounts payable processes
- Essential: 3 years of experience of working in an Accounts Payable team
- Good understanding of VAT and CIS regulations.
- A customer focussed approach, dealing efficiently and effectively with all internal and external contacts
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and plan own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage priorities
- Deliver a consistently high level of accuracy
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.