Accounting Manager - Financial Reporting
Consultant Neil Rogerson
Date posted 09 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Accounting Manager (Financial Reporting) role sits within the Financial Reporting team located in Warrington, UK. As part of the Controllership group, the responsibilities of the Financial Reporting team cover financial accounting, financial reporting, corporation tax analysis and VAT compliance,
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation of UK&I statutory financial reporting under FRS101 (IFRS) and dealing with auditors to ensure accounts are filed within deadlines.
- Providing support during the audit of UK entities as part of the Group level reporting.
- Supporting the month-end close process for the UK holding companies and maintenance of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Drive efficiency across the legal entity structure by supporting on-going entity rationalisation and optimisation to support the business model. For example; transfers of trade, closure of dormant entities.
- Work alongside the business and senior management by providing appropriate financial information and technical accounting advice on statutory and management reporting considerations for new and existing initiatives.
- Build key relationships with the wider finance community to drive improvements in efficiency across the controllership area such as balance sheet reporting.
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards across the EMIA region.
- Ad hoc project assignments across the wider Controllership group
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CPA or similar with more than 2 years post-qualification experience
- “Big 4” experience preferred or equivalent experience gained in industry
- Experience of statutory reporting and technical experience across a broad range of accounting topics under IFRS (US GAAP experience beneficial).
- Exposure to client senior management (or equivalent in industry)
- Experience of a SOX control environment in a large international organisation.
- Able to prepare and present financial information clearly for use by senior management.
- A practical and pragmatic approach to finding a solution which meets the needs of the business as well as technical standards
- Strong inter-personal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills essential
- Pro-active, resourceful, hands on and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
For further information on this outstanding opportunity please contact email@example.com or 01612147400