Salary £25,000 - £27,500 per annum
Consultant Joseph Fletcher
Date posted 04 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Position: Assistant Accountant Location: Wokingham Reports to: Finance Accountant Salary: £25,000 - £27,500 Robert Walters is proud to be working on behalf of a well know international charity who are present in 50+ countries as they are looking for and assistant accountant to joining their finance team.
Position: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Finance Accountant
Salary: £25,000 - £27,500
We are working with a well know international charity who are present in 50+ countries as they are looking for and assistant accountant to joining their finance team based in Wokingham.
To be responsible for the day to day operation of the Purchase Ledger systems (£, € and US$).
Log and distribute invoices to departments;
- Check invoices - including coding, authorisation and required backup;
- Ensure that all invoices and expenses submitted to Purchase Ledger comply with the Charity’s finance procedures;
- Input invoices and expenses onto the Charity’s accounting system (SAP) and file documents;
- Process payments of due invoices via BACS;
- Liaise with external suppliers regarding queries both in writing and on the telephone;
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Bank Reconciliation for Supplier Invoices Payments.
To support the IH Financial Accountant in preparing and analysing financial transactions. Specifically:
- Prepare and post journals to the general ledger;
- Month end reporting and analyses;
- Support the IH Financial Accountant with end of year tasks;
- Other ad-hoc accounting tasks as required.
Dealing with Problems:
- To be able to investigate and resolve invoice queries from suppliers or managers. This will require working with both external organisations and with different levels of staff IH.
- To ensure that IH Financial policies are adhered to and to be able to explain to managers or external organisations what is required in order to process invoices or expense claims.
- A good working knowledge of computer systems including Accounting packages, Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Purchase ledger and other ledger experience within a Finance department;
- Part qualified AAT desirable or qualified by experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Work is accurate, thorough, methodical and well organised;
- The ability to co-ordinate and plan work efficiently in order to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with employees with different levels of financial understanding.
- Is tenacious and ensures that problems are resolved.