Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
An established, industry-leading company based in Manchester City Centre are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Receivable clerk to fill a newly-created position within their growing finance team. As Accounts Payable Clerk you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes, and research and resolve exceptions and supplier queries in accordance with performance and quality standards.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will be responsible for:
- Creating, maintaining and updating supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Managing and resolving invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensuring all statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Monitoring and clearing invoice register
- Working with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Supporting continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you will have/be:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and have used ERP systems before
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organisation as an Accounts Payable Clerk. Offering clear progression opportunities, an excellent benefits package and a dynamic working environment, this is a fantastic role for an individual looking to further their career in finance.
Apply below or, to find out more about Accounts Payable / Purchase Ledger or other finance roles, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 161 240 7476.