Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 16 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location and clear vision for collaborative success.
As a result we are seeking multiple Payments Administrators to join our team and ensure that payments are processed in a timely manner and are made in line with the business working capital policy and requirements.
- Ensure that all documentation and information required to process payments are provided and accurately filed, in accordance with payment cycle and procedures
- Process financial accruals and reversals – maintain and update central PTP journal for accruals
- Ensure all entries are correctly posted into the ledgers
- Initiate and manage the payment run process
- Support the checking for duplicate invoice payments
- Process credit notes in the system
- Upload the BACS file in the bank system
- Provide necessary information to Corporate/Group for cash forecasting
- Liaise with Treasury to ensure cash balances in the bank account are available for payment
- Send out email remittance forms
- Deal with payments not going through to suppliers
- Support the process to ensure that the payment to suppliers are made to the agreed trade terms, ensuring prompt payment discounts are realised where agreed
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participate in training and development procedures
- Analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to PTP / Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Have used ERP systems before (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Ability to operate in a service driven culture, continuously challenging and seeking to be better
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Good, solid understanding of basic accounting methods and accounts structures.
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Payments Administrator roles please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.