Accounts Payable Administrator x13
Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 19 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play.
We are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking Accounts Payable Administrators to join our team.
As Accounts Payable Administrator you will ensure the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and credit notes; to research and resolve exceptions and supplier queries, in accordance with performance and quality standards.
- Create, maintain and update supplier accounts via masterdata maintenance
- Deal with supplier issues relating to invoices
- Own the management of supplier queries between supplier, FSSC and business units, and Group Procurement
- Manage and resolve internal invoice queries, ensuring debit balances are managed quickly
- Ensure all supplier statements are reconciled, any queries are dealt with/escalated promptly
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and escalation files are maintained
- Pro-actively manage blockages in respect to invoice approval and GRN-ing – engage with approvers and receipts to ensure they action approval / receipting promptly
- Monitor and clear invoice register
- When corresponding, encourage suppliers to use the supplier self-service portal
- Work with Group Procurement to manage price variances
- Work with suppliers/internal customers to manage quantity variances
- Support continuous improvement - analyse processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
- Undertake any necessary training associated with the duties of the post and participates in training and development procedures
You will have:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel) and have used ERP systems before, Oracle is desirable
- Basic knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skillset, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Strong organisation and time management skills
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Accounts Payable Administrator role please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.