Accounts Payable Manager
Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 19 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play.
Kier Group are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location, and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking an Accounts Payable Manager.
The Accounts Payable Manager will manage a sub-team of Accounts Payable Administrators, comprising of approximately 8-9 FTE, to ensure that queries/issues relating to supplier and sub-contractor accounts, in particular invoices and credit notes processing are dealt with promptly and accurately in accordance with performance and quality standards.
Report to Head of Purchase to Pay and support with the preparation and timely delivery of operational plans for the Accounts Payable function, including identifying and implementing initiatives for continuous improvement, effective controls and compliance.
- Lead a team of c.8-9 Accounts Payable Administrators in an operational, high volume environment
- Co-ordinate staff and work-related issues, particularly with regard to planning and organising work schedules (including load balancing across sub teams and capacity adjustments)
- Manage invoice issues queue – hold / put off hold, allocate queries to clerks, escalate, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining the supplier queries tracker
- Ensure all supplier related queries are responded to in a timely manner
- Deal with the more complex, escalated issues
- Ensure that all disputed invoices are investigated and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner, minimising the debit balance element on the Accounts Payable Ledger
- Support Finance Business Partners to send messages around timely invoice approval and receipting
- Pro-actively manage blockages in respect to invoice approval and GRN-ing – engage with approvers and receipts to ensure they action approval / receipting promptly
- When corresponding, encourage suppliers to use the supplier self-service portal
- Provide Management information regarding the sub team’s performance and targets
- Deal with challenges and issues promptly
- Liaise with internal and external IT support to fix issues
- Project manages transition of new responsibilities into the Kier FSSC from within Kier Group
- Other reasonable duties as and when required including some travel to customers within UK
You will have:
- 3-5+ years’ experience in PTP/Accounts Payable processes
- Experience supervising medium teams, ideally within PTP functions or other core transactional / financial processes in a complex business environment
- Good knowledge of principles, practices, regulations and procedures relating to Accounts Payable function will be an advantage
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Mathematics and English Language
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Have ERP systems experience (Oracle would be preference but SAP experience acceptable)
- Good customer service skill set, going above and beyond the call of duty where necessary
- Able to organise own workload and to re-prioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Accounts Payable Manager please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.