Robert Walters are delighted to be partnering with a successful and growing business based in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, on the recruitment of a newly created Senior Management Accountant role. We are looking for This role requires a (fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA) Senior Management Accountant for their Finance department working across the entire business. The primary objective of the role is to support the Finance team in ensuring that the Group’s monthly financial position and performance is accurately reported in line with reporting deadlines. The role has two direct reports and oversees their training and development.
The Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for the following;
Assisting the Finance Manager in producing monthly management accounts that are accurate and completed within reporting deadlines.
Assisting with production and review of month-end accruals processes.
Preparation and review of key month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts across the Group. This will include responsibility for the Group Accruals and Prepayments reconciliations.
Develop a clear understanding of how the group is structured and various costs are recognised and accrued for.
Ensure that meaningful and accurate variance analysis is delivered on a monthly basis to assist stakeholders in better understanding the performance of the business. Main area of focus will be indirect costs variance analysis.
Support the wider business in all areas of operational finance to ensure that the needs of the business are met at all times.
Managing day to day operational relationships within the team. Direct line manager for one Assistant Management Accountants and one Management Accountant.
Assist in maintaining and improving internal controls to ensure compliance with the Group’s accounting policies.
Assist with external audit queries and year-end processes.
Assist the Finance Manager and Group Financial Controller in all ad hoc projects as necessary.
For this Senior Management Accountant role based in Potters Bar we are looking for an experienced accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified) with a strong management accounting background who has good attention to detail, good analytical skills, excellent excel knowledge and is confident speaking to non-finance stakeholders. Ideally with line management experience or a desire to manage.
A salary of £55,000 - £65,000 and there is hybrid working of 3 days in the office, based in Potters Bar in Hertfordshire.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Robert Walters is delighted to have partnered with a well-established and highly respected firm of chartered accountants based in Beaconsfield to find an Audit Semi-Senior/Senior/Manager. These roles have been created due to substantial growth and offer the chance for brilliant individuals to fast track their career advancement with an Accountancy Practice which, thanks to their strong connections locally to Top 10 firms, have ambitious plans which can only be met by hiring top tier talent.
• Review of monthly management accounts, cashflow forecast, variance analysis.
• Support the team in preparation of complex financial tasks and consolidation.
• Prepare management accounts, balance sheet reconciliation and reporting templates to suit the needs of the clients.
• Working with the commercial team to onboard new clients and support new projects
• Support the continuous improvements to accounting and reporting processes together with the wider Finance and ERP Development teams.
• Act as a key point of finance contact (as and when needed) to external clients and always deliver quality service.
• ACA , ACCA , CIMA Qualified or equivalent.
• IFRS, FRS 102, FRS 101 and UK GAAP knowledge is essential.
• Understanding of both management and statutory accounting is also essential.
• Strong Excel skills and experience of using an ERP system (use of Agresso/Business World a distinct advantage but not essential)
• Adaptable to change and working within a project environment is vital.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work closely with external parties and clients.
This role will be based in Kings Langley 2 days a week, occasional travel to other sites may also be required.
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum + car, bonus, hybrid working
20 November 2023
A prestigious brand is looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join their Luton head office (hybrid working available).
With a strong blend of commercial finance and financial planning, we are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who can manage a team, overseeing a multisite budget in excess of 400m.