The MEN Business of the Year Awards are the region's most prestigious awards, recognising excellence and innovation across Greater Manchester.
In its 23rd year, the awards continue to highlight outstanding achievements in the North West, underlining Manchester’s position as one of the country’s leading regions for business growth.
Who Can Apply?
There are a variety of categories catering to all different types of business, from start-up ventures and smaller SMEs to larger blue chip companies. To be eligible you must either be registered and have an operating head office in Greater Manchester, or have a substantial operation in the area - with over £100m turnover and at least 200 employees based in Greater Manchester.
If you are unsure if your location qualifies feel free to ask us or contact MEN for more details.
Categories for this Year's Awards:
- Turnover over £100m* - Business not based in Manchester - Sponsored by Manchester Airport Group
- Turnover over £100m - Business based in Manchester - Sponsored by PWC
- Turnover between £50m & £100m - Sponsored by Robert Walters
- Turnover between £25m & £50m - Sponsored by Hill Dickinson
- Turnover between £10m & £25m - Sponsored by Manchester College
- Turnover between £5m & £10m
- Turnover under £5m
- Young Business of the Year** - Sponsored by Bolton School
- Judges Choice Award*** - Sponsored by Barclay's
For the Finalists
All companies who apply will be visited by the judging panel with representatives from Robert Walters, Hill Dickinson, PWC and Manchester College. Following these meetings a shortlist will be announced.
Shortlisted companies will receive press coverage in the Manchester Evening News, and special recognition at the final awards ceremony.
For the Winners
Award winners will be announced at an exclusive awards ceremony held at the Midland Hotel on 10th November 2016.
Winners will receive a profile in the MEN, emphasising the wealth of innovation and business excellence within your company, along with significant press coverage and a tailored media package to highlight your company throughout the year.
Contact Us for more information about the awards and to request an information pack.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 14th April 2016.
* This award is for businesses with a substantial operation but do not have a head office within the Manchester Evening News circulation area.
** Must be trading 3 years or less to be eligible
*** No shortlist, winner chosen by judges' discretion from all shortlisted businesses