The MEN Business of the Year Awards are the region's most prestigious awards, recognising excellence and innovation across Greater Manchester.
In its 25th year, the awards continue to highlight outstanding achievements in the North West, underlining Manchester’s position as one of the country’s leading regions for business growth.
Who Can Apply?
There are a variety of categories catering to all different types of business, from start-up ventures and smaller SMEs to larger blue chip companies. To be eligible you must either be registered and have an operating head office in Greater Manchester, or have a substantial operation in the area - with over £25m turnover.
If you are unsure if your location qualifies feel free to ask us or contact MEN for more details.
Categories for this Year's Awards:
- Head office not in Greater Manchester* - Sponsored by Manchester Airport Group
- Turnover over £100m - Business based in Manchester - Sponsored by PWC
- Turnover between £50m & £100m - Sponsored by Robert Walters
- Turnover between £25m & £50m - Sponsored by Hill Dickinson
- Turnover between £10m & £25m
- Turnover between £5m & £10m - Sponsored by Brewin Dolphin
- Turnover under £5m - Sponsored by Salford Business School
- Young Business of the Year** - Sponsored by Bolton School
- Judges Choice Award*** - Sponsored by Barclay's
For the Finalists
All companies who apply will be visited by the judging panel with representatives from the Executive Judges. Following these meetings a shortlist will be announced. Shortlisted companies will be invited to make a presentation on either the 12th or 13th October in central Manchester.
Shortlisted companies will receive press coverage in the Manchester Evening News, and special recognition at the final awards ceremony.
For the Winners
Award winners will be announced at an exclusive awards ceremony held at the The Principal Manchester hotel on Thursday 9th November 2017.
Winners will receive a profile in the MEN, emphasising the wealth of innovation and business excellence within your company, along with significant press coverage and a tailored media package to highlight your company throughout the year.
Contact Us for more information about the awards and to request an information pack.
The 2017 MEN Business of the Year Awards application period is now closed, for more information about the 2018 Awards contact Jennifer Thorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
* This award is open to businesses with a turnover over £25m, a substantial operation within Greater Manchester but without a Head Office in the region.
** Must be trading 3 years or less to be eligible
*** No shortlist, winner chosen by judges' discretion from all shortlisted businesses